MAMP PRO: Postfix Email Configuration
|Every Mac running Mac OS X is already equipeped with a fully functional Mail server, which is usually disabled by default. With MAMP PRO you can enable it easily and you're able to use all of PHP's mail funcitonality in your own scripts.
Domain and Smarthost
- Simple activation of the Mac OS X "Postfix" Mailserver
- Use your current Email provider as "Smarthost" if necessary. This allows easy and reliable Email services and avoids problems with spam filters.
| Postfix Configuration
MAMP PRO Facts:
- expandable: any number of virtual hosts on a Mac
- configurable: activate Apache modules easily
- outgoing: send mails instantly with Postfix mailserver
- customer friendly: external access for customers via DynDNS
- database affine: operate MySQL via phpMyAdmin from the GUI
- seminal: based on the free MAMP
- flexible: host wikis, test pages, cms etc. in the intranet
- fast: just one click to switch between multiple PHP versions